The Rainbow Centre for Conductive Education Limited (“The Rainbow Centre”, “us”, “we”) respect the privacy of every person who visits or subscribes to our website (“you”) and are committed to ensuring a safe online-experience. This privacy statement outlines the personal data we may collect about you and how we may process it, as well as how our service providers might do the same. This privacy statement also tells you about your rights to control this data.
Where we ask you to provide us with any information by which you can be identified, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement, and in line with UK data protection law which includes but may not be limited to the Data Protection Act 2018, the UK General Data Protection Regulations (UK GDPR) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation (PECR)
Responsibility for your data
This notice provides information concerning the processing activities The Rainbow Centre for Conductive Education Limited charity registration number 1096603; company registration number 4465743. We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office as a Data Controller (Z1658670).
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you fill in an online form to:
- Sign up for email updates
- Contact us
- Place orders for free or paid products or services
- Apply for membership
- Complete surveys or provide feedback.
This information may include:
- Name, role and organisation
- Contact details including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode and interests.
We collect material that you proactively post or contribute to our sites including social media and any correspondence you have with us.
We also collect information on your website usage through cookies, if your browser accepts them. Some of our websites feature tracking software – this means that if you’re a logged-in user, have filled an online form or have previously clicked a link in one of our emails, we may link your website usage information (such as pages visited, IP address, browser and device used) to other information we hold about you, such as your name and organisation.
When you contact us by email, letter or on the phone, we may also record this information on our customer relationship management system to help us process your request efficiently.
Why we collect data
We collect information about you to manage your account, process your order or fulfil any contract we have with you.
We use information collected from your website visits to personalise your future visits and to improve the experience we provide to our online users. For example, information like the browser and device you are using helps us to maintain usable and accessible websites for all our audiences.
We also use your information to help us develop products and services that you need, and where we have a lawful basis and permission to contact you, we may use it to help us send you relevant and timely information about upcoming events or the help and support that we offer.
If you visit our offices, we may capture your images on our CCTV systems.
How we use personal data
Please note that rainbowcentre.org (“this site”) might contain links to external sites. This privacy statement does not cover the activities of such third parties. You should consult those third party sites’ privacy policies for information on how your data is used by them.
If you have purchased a product or service from The Rainbow Centre or have opted-in to hear about The Rainbow Centre’s products and services, we will send you information which may be of interest to you.
You have a right to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes at any time. You can do this contacting us at any time to request a change to your marketing preferences.
Website cookies and similar technologies
Security and encryption
We take great care to ensure that our websites operate at the highest security levels and that our suppliers are committed to best practice in digital security. All personal information and financial data is encrypted in transmission. However, the security of data transmission via the internet can never be 100% guaranteed, and data transmission is at your own risk.
Public forums, message boards and blogs
Our site uses message boards on blogs and users can participate in these facilities. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should always be careful when deciding to disclose your personal information.
Our legal process for processing personal data
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018, organisations are required to have a legal basis for processing personal data. The legal bases we use for processing data are:
- Legitimate interests for the purposes of fulfilling our activities and the provision of our services.
- Contractual basis for the purposes of fulfilling our obligations to our grant funders.
- Consent when people opt into our mailing lists.
We will only send you information if you have actively consented to us doing so (e.g. you have opted to join a mailing lists or paid for an event). Individuals signed up to receiving these, can withdraw their consent at any point by contacting the relevant department.
How long do we keep data?
We do not keep your information for longer than necessary. We keep financial information for up to seven years due to legal and contractual requirements, and we delete all other personal information from our customer relationship management system if we have had no contact with you for three years.
Sharing your information with other organisations
The Rainbow Centre will not sell your information to any third party. We may share your information with third parties where we have legal duty to do so or to provide you with a service you have asked for.
Under the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018, you have the following rights:
- Right to be informed. This Policy provides you with information in relation to how your data is processed. This ensures that we are transparent about what we will do with the information you supply to us.
- Right to object to the processing that is likely to cause you damage or distress. Where you challenge the accuracy or lawful processing of your information, we will consider this.
- Right to receive an electronic copy of any information you have consented to us holding. You can ask us to provide you with the personal data about you we hold, securely and in a machine-readable format, so it can be moved, copied or transferred to be used across different services or for you to give to another organisation. This is called a subject access request and we will need to verify your identity before giving such information.
- Right to object. We will ensure that we have the right consents in place for sending you information. You can unsubscribe from our mailings and remove your details at any time. If you wish to stop receiving communications from us, you will be able to do so by contacting our Data Protection Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Rights related to automated decision making. If there is additional profiling based on the information we hold, then you can object to us making decisions about you based on such processing.
You can make a request at any point by email to email@example.com. We will respond to a request within one month of receipt. However, where a request is received to erase data, we may not be able to delete all data (for example where data is linked to financial transactions that must be kept for a set period of time under financial regulations).
Your right to complain
If you are concerned about the way The Rainbow Centre is processing your personal data, you have the right to complain. You may do this by contacting us using the following details:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- write to The Rainbow Centre, The Bradbury Building, Palmerston Drive, Fareham, Hampshire PO14 1BJ
Or you may complain to the regulator of information rights in the UK the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can find more details on their website.